17 May, 2018

Better, Worse and Us

I've never been a good student , that's why I always felt when I was at school and college. My parents, relatives made me feel that way. When I got into University it's not like I got smarter. That's not how any of this works. You see since the day we are born we start comparing our lives with others. We measure our achievement with respect to what others achieve. Our parent's want us to be doctors or engineer because that saw those title makes them feel more achieved . If our Poets/Artists was earning as much as Doctors or Engineers they'd be trying to make us Poets or Artist instead of Engineers/Doctors.

So why is it that I/My Parents/ Others thought I wasn't a good student ? Well you know there's always someone better than you. Unluckily I was matched with people that were far better than me in the school. Yes they were great. And they got admitted into Public Universities with other great students around the country. Now when I look at them, I can see the same old me in them. They had met people better than them. Now they feel like oh, I'm so stupid but that guy/girl is very intelligent. But from my perspective they were the one of the most intelligent ones. Now here's the thing when I got into university I saw people treating me like I used to treat my intelligent friends . Then I realized everything is relative . There's always someone better than you and also someone worse than you. And none of it actually matters for the very same reason. Because there's no such thing as good/bad student.

We just have this delusion of being better no, Best. you can never be the best. The more you thrive for it the more you will realize it's pointless. Instead find peace with what you have and hone your skills. Be confident about it. There is only one thing that you can be best. And that is being you. Only you can be the best you. Since the day one we were told we can't be Einstein, Newton . We don't really have to be them. I wish my parents wanted me to be the first me.


No comments:

Post a Comment